Sunday, April 30, 2017

Nexplanon birth control ruined my Life

After going to the doctor and being told I should try the implant nexplanon for birth control. I thought it would be a great alternative to taking the pill. I didn't notice anything really for the first six to seven months and then I started gaining weight. Then I thought maybe it's just due to the fact that I'm getting older so I still didn't have the implant  taken out. Then after two years of having it in I started noticing I was not feeling like myself. I had gained almost 50 pounds in the last 2 years but still wasn't thinking it was because of the implant. By the third year I had gained even more weight and was feeling depression kicking in. I was going to bed earlier and had no zest for life. I then called my doctor to have it removed and he said it would be $500 to remove when it only cost $50 to put it in I couldn't believe it! Knowing I needed to get it out I still waited. I knew I had at least six more months before It needed to be removed and then one morning I woke up and I couldn't feel my fingertips or my arms I thought I was having a heart attack! I then had to go to the emergency room of course my doctor couldn't get me in and I had to have it removed when I went in I found out I weighed almost 200 pounds I had gained almost 70 pounds. Now the implant has been out for about 3 months and I feel amazing I don't feel depressed and the weight is coming off I have already lost 25 pounds in 6 weeks. I'm not saying that this will happen to everyone but It happened to me.