Sunday, March 2, 2014

Looking for lashes: Eyelash Extensions add length, thickness, and are a safer alternative to Latisse


I used to never leaves home without wearing makeup — foundation, powder, blush, lipstick, eye shadow and mascara. It’s the mascara, though, that’s the most important I think. “My eyelashes used to be long and dark but, as I’ve gotten older, they have lightened and thinned out dramatically,” “I used to curl them, but I haven’t in years because I’m afraid of pulling them all out.” Over 10 years ago I heard about eyelash extensions. It was my boyfriend's sister, a hair stylist in Orange County, that convinced me to undergo an eyelash extension treatment, a procedure that attaches semi-permanent extensions composed of single strands of synthetic eyelashes. They are applied with surgical-grade adhesive directly to individual eyelashes. One at a time. With tweezers. “I have been doing this for 11 years,” and offers training to other fellow lash experts “It is important to get proper training because the procedure is very technical and intense.I also train for eyebrow extensions and bottom eyelash extensions” The initial procedure takes about 90 minutes to three hours. “We do offer lower lashes and colored lashes because the eyes are all different and can be made to look more open and intense depending on the lashes applied,” Some women think they are to old to get the extensions but most women as they get older have less time for makeup and less lashes so it is even more of an option. “I recommend refills every two to four weeks because a person’s natural lashes have a two- to four-week lifespan,” “The suggestive length [of the extension] is two millimeters longer than the individual’s longest length. Clients make the decision on what length and thickness they would like.” Because the extensions are very similar to natural lashes, mascara can be used. And you don’t need to use an eyelash curler on the extensions, Isana says, “because it comes with curves.” The initial cost averages about $200 to $400, while refills range from $100 to $200. Eyelash extensions offer instant gratification, but they have other issues. I do not recommend Latisse, a prescription treatment that claims to grow eyelashes longer, fuller and darker. Many of my clients have gotten dark lids and spend just about as much on the Latisse as eyelash extensions Contact Christine Reed (310)967-7701 for a free consultation PlatinumImageServices.com